Improving lives. Inspiring hope.
For over 50 years, PathWays has provided quality and innovative services to the community and now brings lifelong fulfillment to over 1600 families in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Local parents and community professionals formed an information & referral service committee. Two employees on West Wheeling St. Washington, PA.
- Chartered as United Cerebral Palsy of Washington County.
- Became United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) of Southwestern Pennsylvania and expanded to include Washington, Greene, & Fayette Counties. Started the Children’s Program in Washington, PA.
- Opened new facility in Washington, PA. Relocated Early Intervention and Adult Day Program. Served 300 children and adults.
- Rainbow’s End Learning Center affiliate opened in Washington, PA. Elks Home Service established office. Attendant Care office opened in Uniontown, PA.
- Opened 2nd Residential Program group home.
- UCP Home & Community Services affiliate opened. Independent Living established.
- Rainbow’s End Learning Center affiliate opened in Waynesburg, PA. Opened two Independent Living accessible homes. Community Living established to construct additional accessible homes.
- Exceptional Choices community service program started.
- Opened Adult Training Facility in Waynesburg.
- Everyday Living established to construct three accessible group homes, opening two homes in Washington and Greene Counties.
- Your Child’s Place pediatric care center and Recreation Station creative play center opened in Washington, PA. Opened accessible home in Washington County.
- Became PathWays of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Early Intervention services started in Fayette County. Agency With Choice program started, eventually expanding to Allegheny, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence Washington, and Westmoreland counties.
- Residential Program office opened in Washington, PA.
- 50th Anniversary. Early Intervention services started in Westmoreland County.
- Over 750 employees serving more than 1600 families throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania.