At PathWays, the health and well-being of our staff and the individuals we serve is our highest priority. We have implemented appropriate measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 and we have a dedicated, fully mobilized response team in place, who are taking guidance from the CDC, PA Health, and ODP during this challenging time. We are required to strictly comply with the rules communicated by these agencies.
The following is the current situation in relation to each of our programs:
- Your Child's Place and our Adult Training Facilities in Washington and Waynesburg are temporarily closed as of March 16, 2020.
- Our Rainbow's End Learning Centers in Washington and Waynesburg reopened to all families as of May 18, 2020, with additional safety measures in place based on CDC guidelines. This comes following Governor Tom Wolf's announcement that Washington and Greene County would be moving into the yellow phase of reopening effective May 15, 2020.
- Through Early Intervention we have initiated tele-therapy for the families who are interested. The continuation of Early Intervention is important, in order for families feel supported and less isolated.
- Agency With Choice and our Residential Services are both operating, with extra safety precautions in place and a process of monitoring staff and visitors for illness.
We are committed to supporting our staff, individuals, and our community during this time of uncertainty and anxiety. Below we have compiled a list of helpful resources in addition to communications that have gone out to our programs.
During such challenging times, PathWays remains dedicated to our mission of life long fulfillment for every individual that we serve throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania. Please check back frequently for updates on the COVID-19 situation.
Basics of Coronavirus
- What You Need to Know About Coronavirus (CDC)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus (CDC)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (CDC)
- What to Do If You are Sick with Coronavirus (CDC)
- Face Mask Information (CDC)
- A User's Guide to Face Masks (New York Times)
- Social Versus Physical Distancing (Actively Moving Forward)
- Social Distancing Guidelines at Work (SHRM)
Stress & Anxiety Resources
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association)
- Managing Anxiety and Stress (CDC)
- Keeping Your Distance to Stay Safe (American Psychological Association)
- Coping With Anxiety and Depression During the Coronavirus Pandemic (US News)
- Sleep Hygiene Webinar (AID in PA)
- Sleep Guidelines During COVID-19 (Sleep Foundation)
Resources for Caregivers & Parents
- COVID-19 Symptoms for Nonverbal Individuals
- How to Work from Home with Children (New York Times)
- How to Talk to Children About the Coronavirus Pandemic (Center for Loss & Life Transition)
- My Child is Worried (Highmark Caring Place)
- Strategies for Managing Anxiety and Fear in You and Your Children (National Alliance for Grieving Children)
- Responding to Change and Loss (National Alliance for Grieving Children)
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 (The Child Mind Institute)
- EI Services During COVID-19 (OCDEL)
- How to Help Your Child Adapt to Wearing a Mask (BIAS)
Activities for Children
- Bringing the Zoo to You! (Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium)
- Creative Activities to Do With Kids At Home (Art with Heart)
- Online Learning Resources, Pre-K to 2nd Grade (WQED)
- ParentPal: My Parenting Expert 4+ (Teaching Strategies, LLC)
- Resources to help Families during COVID-19 (Fred Rogers Productions)
- Streaming Storytimes and Readalouds (Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh)
- Virtual Museum Tours (PennLive)